The Blaubuch

St. Pauls Own Hymnal – St. Pauls Blaubuch was published by our church in 1905 and was used into the 1930’s.  There were 396 hymns.  Roughly half were German and the other half English. Pastor Rudolph John often composed a German text for an English hymn he liked and vice versa.  Pastor John and Music Director Carl Weiss also contributed 70 hymns they jointly either composed or arranged.  Pastor Jacob Pister contributed one hymn. (Contributed by Kurt Hansen)